Pages

Friday, 16 August 2013

Feeling like a VIP


A few weeks ago I entered a competition on Facebook that was set up by St David's Shopping Centre in Wales. It was a special competition for entry to that evenings Yves Saint Laurent event. Having never been to such an event I was very excited!

They had a special promotional night with their very own make up artist Fred Letailleur! They were promoting their new Babydoll Mascara, but surprisingly they weren’t pushing the event as much as I thought they would! But you can buy the mascara here




As this was a makeup event they needed a model to do the makeup on, and to my surprise I was chosen! Now I don’t know whether to take this as a compliment that I must look like I could pull off their makeup fabulously or to be slightly offended! Haha well I had been in a rush, so ran out the house after only managing to get some mascara on! I’m sure it was the first reason!

Fred (yeah we are on first name terms) did everything from the base upwards. He used this super amazing product called Forever Youth Liberator Serum, Lotion and Cream. Three separate products which magically moisturise your face until it is super soft and plump (I couldn’t stop stroking my own face!)

He then went through the various layers, foundation and then onto eye makeup. He went for a Twiggy/ 60s inspired eye makeup. It was amazing to have the chance to have a professional do my makeup for me (having never had it done before).

   (Sorry about the poor quality, I only had my iphone!)

The results were amazing and although it was a little different from what I normally wear it was a great look and I think I will definitely try and incorporate this look this summer.

The products were all amazing however I could not justify spending quite so much on the products (student budget and all). Although I think I will save up and treat myself one day. More than likely to their amazing Touche Éclat, this is an amazing concealer/ highlighter, it really works and is their best selling product and is the UKs number 1 best selling make up product! What a title to have!
 So even though I didn’t walk away with any of their amazing products I had a great time and really enjoyed myself. I even got a yummy cupcake :)


B